With focus on investments, insurance and reinsurance markets this Consulting firm require the skills of an experienced Consultant. Their vertical market focus coupled with an information advantage from proprietary research – differentiates them from the competition.
The Strategy Consulting practice works with major financial institutions to resolve tough decisions relating to:
- Participation model
- Competitive strategy
- Business configuration and economics
They work on large scale cross border projects, with a particular focus on the issues facing multinationals as well as large domestic institutions seeking to expand into new markets and the interaction between advice, product/administration and risk manufacturing activities.
This combination of specialist focus, global network and access to solid research and analytics give them a unique perspective on the external and internal dynamics relevant to insurance, reinsurance and investment industries. This includes distribution intermediation, the intangible nature of financial products and the importance of risk management and capital.
Within this role, the Consultant will work on a variety of assignments that reflect the range of services they provide. Responsibilities include building financial models and undertaking financial analysis (including business cases and valuations), in addition to leveraging proprietary insights and research to generate analysis.
The broad range of projects covered demands high-level skills in research and analysis along with exceptional client liaison abilities. Typically working within a small consulting team, the incumbent is able to draw on the collective expertise and resources within the other divisions within the Consulting group in order to fully exploit all knowledge and improve the quality and clarity of client decisions.
- Within the Consulting team, provide financial analysis to clients for business strategy formulation and transformation plans based on market intelligence
- Building financial models and preparation analysis including business cases and valuations
- Conducting external research, data gathering and analysing qualitative or quantitative data using a variety of methods and models
- Building strong relationships with other divisions of the firm to leverage specific areas of knowledge and expertise, in order to generate analysis for presentations
- Establish analytical frameworks and conducting complex business analyses
- Client liaison and relationship management
- Identifying opportunities for new business
Projects may include:
Identification of New Markets: assisting the client to improve their understanding of market size and segmentation, profitability and competitive dynamics; identify key success factors and risks; and identify and implement the right market strategy
Improving Business Performance: provide support to clients to identify the root causes of underperformance and devise the most effective response. This process may include:
- Objectively analysing competitive positioning and capability gaps
- Identification of truly profitable intermediary and consumer segments
- Understanding and defining consumer needs
- Responding appropriately to regulatory change
- Identifying the most important levers and quantifying the benefits of various strategic options
Optimising Portfolio Management:
- Provision of information to clients as to which business units are creating value (and those that are not), where to invest and how to measure success, utilising their proprietary analysis of market economics and competitive positioning
- Assist in building the economic rationale for portfolio reorganisiation or divestment
Executing Mergers, Acquisitions and Alliances:
- Assist in the evaluation of alternative execution paths
- Work with clients in target selection for M&A activity and due diligence through to valuation, integration planning and execution
- Advise on alternative routes of distribution via affinity and strategy partnerships as a component of a multi-channel strategy
COMPETENCIES, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree (preferably with honours), preferably in Business, Accounting, Engineering or Actuarial discipline with excellent academic performance
- 2 to 4 years of experience in the financial services sector is essential (preferably insurance, reinsurance or asset management) with a thorough understanding of these markets
- Ability to prioritise competing demands and organise work flows clearly
- Exceptional quantitative abilities, business modelling and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to engage with clients, present clear arguments and manage client relationships
- Excellent written communication skills
- Curious, flexible and learning-oriented
- Ability to multitask, manage time and prioritise
- Self-managing with the ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel as required
NB: Optume Consulting are acting as recruitment agency for this opportunity.
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link: email@example.com, quoting reference number: TCAKSLI
NB: Optume Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy