Waste Procurement Lead, Australia - Australia,
Our team is actively delivering a range of resource efficiency and waste management contracts across several technical areas. This has included supporting infrastructure development projects, developing waste and circular economy policies, strategies and business models, technical advisory waste procurement support, data management and business case developments for a diverse client base across the public and private sector in Australia.
This vacancy is for an individual to join our Waste Technical Services team and lead the delivery of Australian waste contract procurement consultancy support projects; working with modelling, procurement, infrastructure development and planning experts in both Australia and the UK.
We welcome applications from candidates that are currently based in Australia and possess full working rights. Candidates can work flexibly, including home-based, and will have the opportunity to travel throughout Australia and internationally as required to meet business needs; our primary office base is in Brisbane, Queensland.
We recognise that all applicants are unique, and we operate in a fast-moving commercial environment, therefore we will seek to understand your skills, experience and career objectives in order to define a role around you that fits within our overall requirements and services. You will form part of a newly established team with a level of autonomy but have the support and integration of a market leading existing UK team. We are interested in ambitious, highly motivated, energetic applicants with the drive to grow and develop themselves and our wider team.
Key competencies and experience:
* Extensive waste contract procurement expertise
* Proven track record in environmental consultancy
* Qualified to a bachelor's degree level in a relevant discipline
* Effective project management skills
* Proven client management skills
* Ability to write clear, concise and accurate technical reports
* Experience in the preparation of proposals and tenders
* Able to write clear, concise and accurate technical reports and manage data confidently;
* Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and desire to deliver influential consultancy support to the highest standards with new and current clients
* Qualified to master's level or higher in a relevant discipline
* Experience in public speaking at conferences and events
* Good client networks and willingness to travel within Australia
* Skills and behaviours:
* Commercially minded technical consultant;
* Receptive to new and varied challenges, and able to rise to them and to learn;
* Able to work independently and as part of a project team, irrespective of position or role on the task;
* Enthusiastic and self-motivated;
* Excellent attention to detail and accuracy and quality in all work;
* Excellent report writing and bid-writing skills
* Strong time management; and
* Able to meet (multiple) deadlines and manage and deliver competing priorities
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark and form part of a new established team. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
About Ricardo Energy & Environment
Ricardo Energy & Environment is an internationally renowned consultancy with world-leading energy, environmental and technical expertise operating predominantly in the UK, in Europe and globally. We have over 450 technical and scientific staff, many being recognised experts in their disciplines, and over 40 years' consulting experience that includes a long track record of successfully delivering services and advice to a wide range of major private and public-sector organisations.
Our business focus is on eight core areas of environmental consulting expertise: waste management, sustainable business, energy, climate change, air quality, environment (including impact assessment, ecology, agriculture and chemical risk), water management and transport. Our parent company Ricardo plc is a UK-based company with annual turnover over 200m and 100 years heritage. Ricardo has 21 offices worldwide and 2,300 people, approximately 70 per cent being highly qualified multi-disciplined engineers, consultants and technicians.
Ricardo Energy & Environment's head office is located in Harwell, Oxfordshire, and we have additional UK offices in London, Glasgow, Bristol, Warrington, Manchester and Guildford. Ricardo has international offices in Brisbane (Australia), the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, South Africa and across Europe and Asia.
Ricardo operates according to its accredited quality (ISO 9001) and environmental (ISO 14001) management systems. Working in partnership with our customers we help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work. In return for your commitment, drive, enthusiasm and adaptability, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field, and support for flexible working. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.